Day-to-Day Letting and Management plus The Law for Letting and Management - London - 3 May 2012
This course covers a wide range of topics and situations, providing a good opportunity to check up on legal procedures and practices within agency, to help further develop your letting and management skills.
The advanced legal programme covers further areas of the daily legislation effecting lettings agents to help sharpen and strengthen your legal knowledge. As well as understanding court action procedures when dealing with tenants breaching their tenancy obligations.
Some great tips and problem solvers are also revealed on the day.
Day to Day Letting & Management
- Range of services offered by Letting Agents.
- Protecting your Agency.
- Legal safety regulations.
- Registering and qualifying tenants.
- Dealing with Guarantors.
- Taking holding deposits.
- Legal documentation.
- Property visits during a tenancy.
- Dealing with Non-Resident Landlords (NRLs)
- Setting up various types of tenancy agreement.
- Serving notice (Section 21 and Notice to Quit)
- Renewing tenancy agreements.
The Law For Letting & Management
- Criminal and Civil Law for Lettings and Property Management.
- Contract law.
- Unfair Terms of Contract.
- The Law of Agency.
- Landlord duties and access for repairs.
- Unlawful eviction.
- Harassment and quiet enjoyment.
- Serving and administering a Section 8 Notice.
- Grounds for tenancy breaches and court action for possession.
- Accelerated possession procedures.
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs).